CAN668 FOOTAGE TAKEN RIGHT AFTER ASSASSINATION SHOWING WIFE LEAVING, BULLET, INTERVIEWS OF WITNESS AND POLICE CHIEF
Dateline: New York City, New York
Date: 21/02/1965 00:00 AM
1. ws crowds standing outside building
2. ms exterior and marquee 'Audubon Ballroom'
3. Wife Betty Shabazz (nee Sanders, also Betty X) is helped into car
4. ms police officer in room tilt down to bullet on ground, circled with chalk
5. cs bullet on ground
6. SOUNDBITE [ENGLISH]: cu Ray Simpson, witness, describes in detail (almost second by second) the scene of the assassination.
7. has, ms Chief Inspector Harry Taylor
8. SOUNDBITE [ENGLISH]: cu Taylor says there are two men in custody, Q&A, speculates that the skirmish preceding the shots fired was a diversionary tactic
Film: Pos - Sound: Opt Sof - B&W - NYFilm: a0013184 - LN Number: No - Available in HD
Site of Malcolm X's assassination as a key witness, Ray Simpson, is interviewed along with & Police Inspector Harry Taylor.