Former US Secretary of State meets acting president Turchynov
Dateline: Kiev - 23 May 2014
Date: 23/05/2014 17:29 PM
1. Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright shaking hands with Acting Ukrainian President Oleksandr Turchynov
3. Albright approaching her chair and taking a seat
4. Wide of meeting
5. Mid of Albright
6. Close of Turchynov
7. Close of Albright
8. Ukrainian delegation at meeting
9. Wide of meeting
10. Exterior of Ukrainian Parliament (Rada) building
11. Ukraine's national flag flying above Rada building
Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright met with Ukraine's acting president Oleksandr Turchynov in Kiev on Friday ahead of Sunday's presidential election.
Albright is in Ukraine as head of an American election monitoring team, which forms part of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe's election monitoring mission.
The team, who will oversee the legality of the elections, will report their observations in Kiev on Monday.
Albright currently serves as Chairman of the National Democratic Institute, a non-profit organisation based in Washington DC.