1. Mid of VTV journalist announcing the arrival of President Hugo Chavez
2. Mid of Ernesto Villegas, Communications Minister and VTV journalist, making announcement
3. Close up Villegas UPSOUND (Spanish) "He is back, he is back, he is back. We are very happy."
4. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Nicolas Maduro, Venezuela Vice President: (++AUDIO FROM PHONE CALL OVER MID OF VILLEGAS AND JOURNALIST IN STUDIO++)
"We are in the Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital, here in our Caracas, the birthplace of the Liberator, in Caracas loved by our Commander President, we are here, just arrived from Havana, accompanying the President, with Comrade Governor of Barinas, Adan Chavez, his daughter Rosa Virginia (daughter of Chavez), our partner Diosdado, partner Jorge Arreaza, the whole team of doctors and nurses who have supported and assisted the Commander President."
5. Mid of Villegas
6. VTV journalist talking about Chavez' 'tweet' messages on Twitter
7. Mid of Hugo Chavez' Twitter page
PRESIDENTIAL PRESS OFFICE HANDOUT
Havana, Cuba - 14 February 2013 (photos released on 15 February 2013)
8. STILL of Chavez posing for a photo with his daughters, Mariela Gabriela (left) and Rosa Virginia (right)
9. STILL of Chavez posing for a photo with his daughters, Mariela Gabriela (left) and Rosa Virginia (right) as he reads a copy of Cuba's state newspaper Granma
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned home to Venezuela early on Monday after more than two months of medical treatment in Cuba following cancer surgery.
Chavez's return was announced in a series of messages on his Twitter account, saying "we will continue our treatment here."
"We've arrived once again in our Venezuelan homeland. Thank you, my God!!" the first of the three messages said.
They were the first messages to appear on Chavez's Twitter account since November 1.
"I'm clinging to Christ and trusting in my doctors and nurses," Chavez said in another tweet. "Onward toward victory always!! We will live and we will triumph!!"
Vice President Nicolas Maduro said on television that Chavez at arrived at 2:30 a.m. (0700 GMT) and was taken to the Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital in Caracas, where he will continue his treatment.
Chavez also thanked Fidel and Raul Castro, who have overseen his treatment in Cuba, and thanked his country's people "for so much love."
Chavez's return to Caracas came less than three days after the government released the first photos of the president in more than two months, showing images of him smiling alongside his daughters. The government didn't release any images of Chavez upon his arrival in Caracas.
"We're very happy," Maduro said. He said he had accompanied the president on the trip, along with Chavez's daughter Rosa, his brother Adan and National Assembly President Diosdado Cabello.
The vice president said that Chavez has been in a "continuous battle" and that additional details will be provided about his condition later.
The government didn't offer an explanation as to why Chavez made his surprise return on Monday.
Government officials have in recent weeks said that it wasn't clear when the president's medical team would allow him to return to Venezuela, though they had said they hoped it would be soon.
The 58-year-old president hasn't spoken publicly since he left for Cuba on December 10.
He underwent his fourth cancer-related surgery on December 11, and the government says that he is now breathing through a tracheal tube that makes talking difficult.
Chavez is also undergoing other treatments that have not been specified.
He has been receiving cancer treatment in Cuba on-and-off since June 2011.