West Bank funeral for Palestinian killed in attack
Dateline: Al Jalama - 5 February 2019
Date: 02/05/2019 01:25 PM
Al Jalama, West Bank â€“ 5 February 2019
1. Wide of the body of Abdullah Tawalbeh being carried by crowds to his funeral
2. Mid of people holding Tawalbeh's body and chanting
3. Wide of women watching
4. Various of women crying and kissing the face of Tawalbeh
5. Various of Tawalbeh's body being carried by crowds to his funeral
6. Various of people chanting and waving flags and posters of Tawalbeh
7. Wide of crowds
Hundreds of mourners marched through the streets of Al Jalama in northern West Bank on Tuesday, carrying the body of 21-year-old Abdullah Tawalbeh who was killed on Monday by Israeli troops.
The Israeli military said that two Palestinians threw an explosive device at troops at a northern West Bank checkpoint who then opened fire, killing Tawalbeh and wounding another.
Palestinian medics said Abdullah Tawalbeh died from gunshot wounds and a second person was hospitalised with moderate wounds.
No Israeli soldiers were wounded.
Last week, Israeli police shot and killed a Palestinian teenager who allegedly attempted to stab security personnel at a West Bank checkpoint near Jerusalem.
Israel has faced a three-year wave of Palestinian attacks in the West Bank that have greatly decreased in recent months.
Critics have accused Israel of using excessive force.