3. SOUNDBITE (French) Guezo Patta, Paris resident:
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Louis Ochon, Paris resident:
Croissy Beaubourg, France - 14 January 2015
5. Various of Charlie Hebdo newspapers being bundled with other publications and taken away
Paris - January 14, 2015
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Jean-Baptiste Richard, Paris resident:
++VIDEO AND AUDIO CONTENT CHECKED AGAINST KNOWN LOCATIONS AND EVENTS BY REGIONAL EXPERTS
++VIDEO IS CONSISTENT WITH INDEPENDENT AP REPORTING
++THE AP HAS MADE EVERY EFFORT TO IDENTIFY AND ACCESS THE VIDEO FROM THE CONTENT CREATOR, HOWEVER THE AP CANNOT ROUTINELY COMMUNICATE WITH MILITANT SOURCES
EDITORS PLEASE NOTE:
++THIS MILITANT VIDEO WAS UPLOADED TO A SOCIAL NETWORK ACCOUNT - IT WAS NOT ACCESSED FROM A RECOGNISED MILITANT CHANNEL TYPICALLY USED FOR "OFFICIAL" COMMUNICATIONS++
++AP CANNOT INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THE DATE, LOCATION OR CONTENT OF THE VIDEO++
Date and location unknown - posted on 14 January 2015
7. Nasr al-Ansi, Al-Qaida leader in Yemen: ++INCLUDES ENGLISH SUBTITLES ON SCREEN++
Paris - September 12, 2012
8. FILE: Charlie Hebdo offices
Paris - 13 January 2015
9. Security forces near Charlie Hebdo Liberation offices
++USER GENERATED CONTENT: UGC cannot be absolutely verified. This video has been authenticated based on the following validation checks:
++Video and audio content checked against known locations and events
++Video is consistent with independent AP reporting
++AP Television has made strenuous efforts to contact the creator of this video to clear use by AP Clients, however that has not been possible so far in this case. AP has decided to use this video in the public interest given the severity of this attack++
Paris - 7 January 2015
10. Top shot of two armed gunmen walking next to black car and firing
BFM - MANDATORY COURTESY BFM, NO ACCESS FRANCE/EBU
Paris, France - January 9, 2015
11. Continuous shot: police storming door to market; flash seen in doorway; hostages seen running from building towards group of police
Paris - 12 January 2015
12. Various of troops from the French Foreign Legion patrolling underneath the Eiffel Tower
Versailles-Satory - 13 January 2015
13. Various of soldiers arriving at the Caserne Joffre-Drouot military barracks in Versailles-Satory
EVEN BEFORE THE SUN ROSE, PARISIANS LINED UP TO GET COPIES OF THE FIRST ISSUE OF CHARLIE HEBDO PUBLISHED SINCE LAST WEEK'S DEADLY ATTACK.
SOUNDBITE (French) Tayeb Bekhrad, kiosk vendor:
"When I opened my kiosk, people were already there. I had 60 issues (of Charlie Hebdo) and in ten, maximum fifteen minutes everything was sold."
SOUNDBITE (French) Guezo Patta, Paris resident:
"I have been waiting for it for an hour. Some people have been waiting here since 06:00 (local time - 0500 GMT). I was waiting in line for an hour"
SOUNDBITE (English) Louis Ochon, Paris resident:
"Yeah, I knocked at five kiosks, before this one. They were or shut down, or they were already gone."
THE SATIRICAL NEWSPAPER IS PRINTING THREE MILLION COPIES. MORE THAN 50 TIMES THE PAPER'S USUAL CIRCULATION. A COLUMNIST SAYS ANOTHER RUN IS PLANNED.
SOUNDBITE (English) Jean-Baptiste Richard, Paris resident:
"Just as a citizen I wanted to buy this magazine in support for the team who has been murdered last week"
THE PAPER HIT NEWSTANDS THE SAME DAY THAT A TOP LEADER OF YEMEN'S AL-QAIDA BRANCH CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE KILLING OF 12 STAFFERS, SAYING IN A VIDEO THE MASSACRE CAME IN "VENGEANCE FOR THE PROPHET." THE NEWSPAPER HAD RECEIVED REPEATED THREATS PREVIOUSLY FOR POSTING CARICATURES OF MUHAMMAD.
FRANCE REMAINS ON EDGE. AS MANY AS SIX MEMBERS OF A TERRORIST CELL THAT CARRIED OUT THE ATTACK ON CHARLIE HEBDO AND A KOSHER SUPERMARKET MAY STILL BE AT LARGE.
TEN-THOUSAND TROOPS ARE PROTECTING SENSITIVE SITES.
AND PROSECUTORS AROUND THE COUNTRY HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO CRACK DOWN ON HATE SPEECH, ANTI-SEMITISM AND GLORIFYING TERRORISM. MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR THOSE OFFENSES IN THE LAST WEEK.