1. Pan down on Western clothes in Kacey Musgraves exhibit
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Kacey Musgraves, recording artist, on her childhood wearing Western clothing:
"So growing up when I was a little kid, I wore all the traditional country and western stuff. I sang you know, the Roy Rogers, the Dale Evans, the Patsy Cline, Jimmie Rodgers, Asleep At The Wheel, all the classic yodeling songs. And I dressed the part and I loved doing it. But as I got into my like preteens and teens, I didn't feel like I really … it didn't really resonate with me. Like who? I feel like I am playing a part."
++CLIENTS NOTE: Audio from Shot 2 is overlaid on Shots 3-6++
3. Zoom out on albums on display
4. Wide of guitar and clothes on display
5. Tight on Western fringe shirt
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Kacey Musgraves, recording artist, on her style in Nashville:
"And then as I moved to Nashville and I started experimenting with a bunch of different styles, it was fun to kind of return to my country and Western roots, the stuff that I was really familiar with. But I kind of put my own spin on it. And at the time, I have to say that not anybody else was doing that in country, in modern country music. They were kind of shying away from the past, the styles of the past. And it was always something that I was like, 'Wait, I have a whole childhood like completely rooted in this.' And it really is me. So it was really fun to bring that back out. And I still weave that in through … through the stuff that I gravitate towards to today."
++CLIENTS NOTE: Audio from Shot 6 is overlaid on Shots 7-11++
7. Tight on cowboy boots
8. Tight on pink shoes
Archive: Nashville, Tenn., 5 Nov. 2014
9. Pan up on Kacey Musgraves at 2014 CMA Awards
Archive: Nashville, Tenn., 4 Nov. 2015
10. Tight on rings on Kacey Musgraves
Archive: Las Vegas, 2 April 2017
11. Pull in to mid Kacey Musgraves at 2017 ACM Awards
Nashville, Tenn. ,1 July 2019
12. Medium pan on clothes in Kacey Musgraves exhibit
13. SOUNDBITE (English) Kacey Musgraves, recording artist, on her stylist:
"A lot of the looks that you see here from now are with my stylist Erica Cloud. And we have a really good time figuring out how to combine the past and the future in a way that makes sense for me."
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Kacey Musgraves, recording artist, on wearing designer gowns to Met Ball and Grammys:
"It's interesting because I didn't grow up with anything designer ever. Not once. Nothing luxurious like that of any kind. Um. So I can live without it. But there is also this other side of me that is like really enthralled with all of that. And I love the visual aspect of any creation, you know?"
++CLIENTS NOTE: Audio from Shot 13 is overlaid on Shots 14-15 ++
Archive: Los Angeles, 24 February 2019
14. Various of Kacey Musgraves at 2019 Academy Awards
Archive: Los Angeles, 15 February 2016
15. Fashion pan of Kacey Musgraves at the 2016 Grammy Awards
"I love that you can pretty much dress any way you want, but if you strip it away and there are real songs there, that's what matters to me. And that's a reason why I really look up to Dolly Parton and have some memorabilia with her in here. But she's one of those where she has this wicked and wild sense of fashion and humor, but when you take all that away, there are real songs that stand the test of time. And I think that's … That's really important to me."
++CLIENTS NOTE: Audio from Shot 16 is overlaid on Shots 17-18++
Country music , Music , Entertainment , Arts and entertainment , Celebrity fashion , Fashion design , Celebrity fashion , Celebrity , Couture , Fashion , Beauty and fashion , Lifestyle , Couture , Music awards
Patsy Cline , Kacey Musgraves , Dolly Parton , Jimmie Rodgers , Dale Evans , Roy Rogers
Nashville , Tennessee , United States , North America