Police: Dozens killed in Pakistan market blast
Dateline: Klaya - 23 November 2018
Date: 11/23/2018 04:01 PM
++GRAPHIC: INCLUDES SOME SHOTS OF BADLY INJURED CASUALTIES ++
Klaya, Pakistan - 23 November 2018
1. Various aftermath of blast, local people moving wounded into car
2. Various aftermath including scattered vegetables from market stalls
3. Ambulance arrives at hospital
4. Various wounded being moved to ward
5. Paramedic staff treats wounded
6. Various ambulances carrying wounded to hospital
7. Paramedic staff treats wounded
8. Security at hospital compound
Pakistani police say the death toll from a bombing Friday at an open-air food market has risen to more than two dozen.
The attack took place in the northwestern town of Klaya, in the Orakzai region bordering Afghanistan.
It happened just a couple of hours after armed separatists stormed the Chinese Consulate in the southern port city of Karachi.
Police say most of the victims of the market bombing are minority Shiite Muslims.
Orakzai has been the scene of a number of militant attacks in recent years, mostly claimed by Pakistani Sunni militants.