KTRK: Mandatory Credit KTRK, No Access Houston Market, No Use US Broadcast Networks
Houston, Texas - 15 January 2019
1. Wide, group of protesters, pan to Johnson Space Center sign
2. Line of people holding signs (Partly covers Soundbite #3)
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Sylvia Hanagriff, NASA Logistics Division:
"I feel like a pawn in this situation. We're dragged down-- yes or no the wall. We feel like pawns ? let's us back to work."
4. Chanting demonstrators with signs (Partly covers Soundbite #5)
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Bridget Broussard-Guidry, NASA Financial Management Specialist:
"We were in the store last night. He was asking for a toy-- you just don't buy, spend extra money on things that you know that you would have before when you were getting a paycheck."
6. Demonstrators near road
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Pamela Denkins, NASA Scientist:
"Sometimes even if it's not financially impactful, it's emotionally and psychologically impactful. Because we are effectively laid off. So you're without work."
8. People along road holding signs
9. People holding signs next to road (Partly covers Soundbite #10)
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Rey Osorio, Federal Correction Officer:
"It's a shame, really a shame that both sides are playing this chicken game at the expense of government employees. You know their pay is not being affected. The congress isn't. The senate isn't. And surely not the president."
Federal workers demonstrated against the partial US federal government shutdown outside the Johnson Space Center in Houston on Tuesday. KTRK-TV in Houston reports that more than 60 people took part in the protest.
(i) to check the terms of their licence agreements for use of content outside news programming and that further advice and assistance can be obtained from the AP Archive on: Tel +44 (0) 20 7482 7482 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(ii) they should check with the applicable collecting society in their Territory regarding the clearance of any sound recording or performance included within the AP Television News service
(iii) they have editorial responsibility for the use of all and any content included within the AP Television News service and for libel, privacy, compliance and third party rights applicable to their Territory.
Protests and demonstrations , Political and civil unrest , General news , Space industry , Aerospace and defense industry , Industrial products and services , Business , Broadcast television , Television , Media