Large crowds gather in London to protest Brexit
Dateline: London - 23 March 2019
Date: 03/23/2019 02:43 PM
UK POOL -
London - 23 March 2019
1. Aerials showing huge crowds gathered on Park Lane next to Hyde Park
2. Closer shot of crowds
3. Crowds on Park Lane
4. Demonstrators with giant 2nd referendum sign reading (English) "Put It To The People"
5. Pan up street showing thousands of demonstrators
6. Giant figure portraying British Prime Minister Theresa May
7. Crowds passing Downing Street with banner
8. Closer shot of banner reading (English) "Put It To The People"
9. Various of huge crowds with figure portraying May
Thousands of people gathered in the center of London on Saturday to demand a second Brexit referendum so that Britons can rethink whether they want to leave the European Union.
The 'Put it to the People' protest is set to be one of the largest protest gatherings in recent years, as efforts to halt the Brexit process pick up steam.
Aerial pictures showed the scale of the demonstration as crowds marched through London landmarks such as Marble Arch, Park Lane and Downing Street.
Demonstrators flew large EU flags as the march slowly made its way towards Parliament Square.