1. Wide shot actor Viggo Mortensen posing for photographers
2, Medium shot actress Emily Blunt poses for photographers
3. "Mary Poppins Returns" producer John DeLuca and director Rob Marshall pose for photographers
4. Fashion shot, actress Melissa McCarthy
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Melissa McCarthy, actress, on doing the nearly two-month awards-show circuit -- starting with the Palm Springs Film Awards and ending with the Oscars:
"It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of time but also it's, like, I can't imagine a world where you're, like, 'Oh, I wish people wouldn't, wouldn't like the movie.' Like, I think if I ever say that, I want someone to hit me with a mallet."
6. Actress Glenn Close speaks to reporter
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenn Close, actress, on awards season:
"Oh, I think it's incredibly, it is invaluable for a film. And I feel very strongly that that it is part of the whole picture. You know, I mean, you do your work and you hope for a wonderful process and you hope for -- well, you start with a great story and then you hand it over to people. And then it's your part to come again and talk about it and back it and represent it. It's all part of what we do."
8. Actor John David Washington poses for photographers
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Spike Lee, director:
"There's no Oscar host? Hey! That's not my, not my concern. There's no guarantee I'm going to be there, so ..."
John David Washington: "We'd just like to get the invite."