1. Wide shot of Gov. Ralph Northam walking up to podium
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Gov. Ralph Northam, (D) Virginia:
"We are dedicated to being on the leading edge of the next technology and innovation breakthrough. (applause) That's why I'm proud to announce today that Amazon has found its next home for innovation right here in our Commonwealth of Virginia.(applause)."
3. Cutaway of audience
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Gov. Ralph Northam, (D) Virginia:
"The announcement today to embark on this new and significant partnership with Amazon will only build upon our legacy of collaboration with the company. Innovation is the lifeblood of our Commonwealth and it is the driving force of Amazon's work. Together, we will think big, create a world class model for public-private partnership and test and implement the technological solutions that would drive Amazon, our communities and the Commonwealth forward."
5. Cutaway of audience
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Gov. Ralph Northam, (D) Virginia:
"Like many other companies, Amazon grows its core businesses by attracting, developing and retaining world class talent. We made this a focal point of the Commonwealth's investment and have crafted a comprehensive strategy to dramatically expand our tech talent pool. In fact, the majority of our proposal includes investments to double Virginia's tech talent pipeline with the goal of achieving 25,000 to 35,000 new graduates in computer science and related fields within two decades."
7. Crystal City signs
8. People walking down street in Crystal City
9. Tilt down from highrise building to Commonwealth Joe Coffee Roasters
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Robert Peck, Co-Founder of Commonwealth Joe Coffee Roasters:
"You know, with bringing in a lot of people they're going to a lot of people that want really good coffee and you know, hopefully we can share our passion for great coffee with with more people. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. You know and I guess we'll get to see this develop having our our office space here. And you know I think it'll bring in a lot of business to our coffee shop and to a lot of small businesses in the area. So I think this is a really, really good and exciting thing."
11. Close shot of Commonwealth Joe Coffee Roasters sign
12. SOUNDBITE (English) Robert Peck, Co-Founder of Commonwealth Joe Coffee Roasters:
"You know definitely looking forward to having Amazon as a neighbor, big shopper at Whole Foods, big user of Amazon Prime. And I think you know I think it's going to create a lot of jobs in the area. But I'm interested to see what Arlington County is going to do and Amazon's going to do about affordable housing and how it's going to impact know cost of living here."
13. Little girl playing basketball
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Robel Abraham, Works in Crystal City (lives nearby):
"A little bit excited to be honest with you. I'm just a little bit concerned about maybe the traffic. It's already a little bit overpopulated so that might be a factor, that's probably my only concern.
(Reporter question: But otherwise you're happy about it?)
Yeah. It's always good. Now hopefully I can just order stuff from Amazon and just walk in and grab it. But honestly, yeah, it should be interesting. I'm definitely excited."
15. People walking down the street in Crystal City
16. SOUNDBITE (English) Kevin Willison, Works in Crystal City:
"I think it will potentially mean good things for the area if they keep the infrastructure improvements coming along and put in the Potomac Yard Metro, all of that sort of thing. Personally, it will probably be bad for me because our offices will probably be priced out of the area and we'll have to go somewhere else."
17. Wide shot of people playing soccer on a field in Crystal City with Pentagon City in the background
18. SOUNDBITE (English) Gary Sanders, Lives in Crystal City:
"Great location. I mean, the housing, the restaurants, everything is just top notch. The universities. You got a place for the students to go. For the people who are not going to be working there, it's going to be an uptick in both transportation problems - and already D.C. is known for its transportation gridlock."
19. People walking down the street in Crystal City