1. Various of Schroeder Park, where the University of Houston baseball teams plays, an alumni flag flies at half mast to mark the death of John Altobelli, who attended UH.
2. Photo and display of John Altobelli when he played for the University of Houston Cougars 1984-5
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Todd Whitting, Head Coach, University of Houston Baseball:
"Yeah, actually, John was really good friend of mine, of my entire family, you know, I've known twenty five years is a very successful coach at orange coast college. We've had five of his players here, obviously a letterman at the University of Houston, assistant coach here one time. But you know, every time I'm on the West Coast recruiting or we're playing on the West Coast, John, I always get together and usually Keri and the girls and JJ when he's around. But it's just a really sad day for the program. You know, me personally, obviously, but, you know, college baseball in general, lost a great one yesterday."
4. Medium shot of Jumbotron display of Altobelli
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Todd Whitting, Head Coach, University of Houston Baseball:
"He's a great coach. He was the ABCA (American Baseball Coaches Association) national junior college coach the year last year. He's won the state championship out there a couple of times. In the the West Coast baseball. ..He's a legend out there."
6. Cutaway of UH Baseball logo
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Todd Whitting, Head Coach, University of Houston Baseball:
"Well, when I first heard about it, you know, and Kobe's chopper going down there on the way to his daughter's basketball game… For a split second I was like no way alto was on up on that helicopter. And then I found out a couple hours later, obviously, he and his wife and daughter were. So, you know, that that's how close the relationship was… I mean, they were together a lot. they spent a lot of time together. And they both dearly loved those kids and that team that they played on."
8. Basket full of baseballs
9. Wide view of ballpark, Altobelli's display in the background
10. Zoom into display showing John Altobelli during his UH playing days