1. Various of visually impaired teen Rezhin Ahmad printing story on Braille printer
2. Girl reading from storybook to be printed in Braille
3. Braille printer
4. SOUNDBITE (Kurdish) Rezhin Ahmad, 19-year-old visually impaired teen from Dohuk:
"This is my first work, it is about converting a storybook written for sighted people into a book in Braille writing or the writing for visually impaired people. How I thought (of it) and why I wanted to do this? Well, because I was looking around and noticed that there are no Braille books available for visually impaired readers, even if there are any, they would be in English and Arabic."
5. Ahmad reading title of her printed Braille book
6. Ahmad sitting in library reading from book
7. SOUNDBITE (Kurdish) Rezhin Ahmad, 19-year-old visually impaired teen from Dohuk:
"It took me eight months to finish this work and I wrote in printing style as it is here in front of me. I wrote them all and it is all hand written."
8. Visually impaired people sitting in library
9. Various of visually impaired girl trying to read from Braille book
10. SOUNDBITE (Kurdish) Heyhat Asaad, visually impaired girl from Dohuk:
"Well, there weren't any (books) available. Even during our first-year study at the institution, the school program was in normal writing. There wasn't any Braille, neither in books nor in papers. Now, we are very happy that a book is written for us, one that visually impaired people can enjoy reading."
11. Various of students chatting in library
12. SOUNDBITE (Kurdish) Vener (no second name given) visually impaired university graduate from Dohuk:
"Now, Rezhin has opened a door that can lead to a path for tens of other boys and girls to follow and do the same work, enabling our blind and legally blind people to improve and reach the level that they are looking for."
13. Ahmad's Braille work, with title reading (English): "Beautiful Words", (Kurdish): "Peyvin Jwan, written by Nihad Hassan"
Books and literature , Entertainment , Arts and entertainment , Vision impairment and blindness , Eye health , Health , Vision impairment and blindness , Diseases and conditions , Book readings and signings , Literary events