1. Various of F/A-18 fighter jets taking off from USS Abraham Lincoln
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Rear Admiral John F.G. Wade, Commander, USS Abraham Lincoln strike group:
"Based on credible threats we were expedited into theatre. Our mission is threefold; it is to deter Iranian aggression, two: to ensure the free flow of commerce through the region and then third, to protect and if necessary defend US forces and interests."
3. Various of F/A-18 fighter jets taking off
4. Rear Admiral Wade watching F/A 18s take off
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Rear Admiral John F.G. Wade, Commander, USS Abraham Lincoln strike group:
"The threats are credible and they do impose a threat to our operations but also to the safety and security of commerce and trade going through the Strait of Hormuz and that is why we are here."
6. Various of crew working on maintenance of jet
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Captain William Reed, commander, USS Abraham Lincoln air wing:
++QUALITY AS INCOMING++
"It's another day at the office. We are here. We have been trained. We went through a very arduous, year-long training process culminating in a one month, really stressful exercise prior to our deployment which really put us through the paces and so we are ready. We are postured, we are set. Our aircrafts are healthy. Our pilots are sharp and we are ready to be here and we are ready to do and provide those options to our national advisors."