1. Medium of scarlet red satin gown worn by Cher while performing "Limehouse Blues" on "Cher" (CBS, November 1975), next to a costume illustration of Tina Turner
2. Medium of marigold jersey jumpsuit worn by Cher while performing "Everyday People" with Sonny Bono on "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" (CBS, 1971–1974)
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Bob Mackie, fashion designer/costumer – on the two outfits being previewed:
"They're, they're actually both Cher outfits from her television show in the 1970s. And the one with the daisy, it's just kind of happy and very 1970s and a perfect Cher outfit. And the other one she did 'Limehouse Blues.' And at that point in time, and it's kind of like the, I don't know, the burlesque version of 'Limehouse Blues.'"
FILE: London, 16 July 2018
4. Medium of Cher speaking to reporter
FILE: Los Angeles, 15 November 2010
5. Fashion shot of Cher
London, 16 August 2018
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Bob Mackie, fashion designer/costumer – on working with Cher:
"I met her 51 years ago actually on 'The Carol Burnett (Show),' you know, television show. And she says, 'Well one day when Sonny and I have enough money I'm going to come to you and have some beaded clothes made.' And I said, 'OK, I'm ready when you are.' And it took a while. We did a few, you know, television specials and whatever and before you know it they had their own show and, 'Sonny and Cher,' and all of a sudden it was, she calls me up, she says, 'I want you to do this show,' and I said, 'No, I'm going on vacation. I really need a vacation.' But guess what? I did the show."
FILE: Los Angeles, 12 April 1988
7. STILL: Wide of Cher showing of her best actress Oscar for her role in "Moonstruck" at the 60th Academy Awards, while wearing a Bob Mackie-designed black-sequined gown
8. STILL: Medium of Cher with Oscar
London, 16 August 2018
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Bob Mackie, fashion designer/costumer – on Cher's outfit for the 1988 Academy Awards:
"It just seemed the right thing for her because she had one of those bodies that you could almost show anything and everything and she looked amazing and she never looked vulgar because it was, she was so toned and so perfect. Who, everybody wants that kind of body but she never… I don't think, even at her most naked she never looked vulgar."
10. Tilt up on red scarlet dress
11. SOUNDBITE (English) Bob Mackie, fashion designer/costumer – on how he feels about auctioning some of the designs in his collection:
"They can't throw them in the casket when I go down. What am I going to do with all this stuff? So why not let people enjoy them and whether they go into a museum or somebody's private collection and… There are people who have mannequins in their living room with, with Cher dresses all over them or different people that I've dressed. So I'm always flattered when I see that. But I, how do they live that way? I don't know."