1. Various of gay couples arriving city town hall in cars
2. Various of couples in town hall walking up stairs
3. Various of couples arriving in main chamber of city hall
4. Pan friends and family to couples arriving in council chamber
Mayor Amsterdam and former deputy justice minister Job Cohen
5. Various of mayor proceeding through wedding
6. Various of couples saying I do
7. Exchanging rings
8. Friends and family congratulating women
9. SOUNDBITE: (English) Helene Faasen, Newlywed "It was very very special. We were of course nervous but it was so special to be together in there with all the other couples and to be married."
10. Mid shot of male couple talking to reporter
11. SOUNDBITE: (English) Dolf Pasker, Newlywed "The Netherlands has gone that far that gay couples can use the civil marriage but we want to show the world that it is very important to us and we hope that also other countries will follow the example."
12. Close up hands with knife cutting wedding cake
Same sex couples , Same sex marriage , Gay rights , Marriage , Weddings , Couples , Relationships , Lifestyle , Family issues , Social affairs , Same sex marriage , Human rights and civil liberties , Social issues , Occasions