2. SOUNDBITE (English) Lecy Goranson/Actress, on the Roseanne Barr tweet that ended the show:
"I feel like the comment was racist. I think undeniably it was. And part of what I thought was what it must be like to be a black person in America and grow up to hear those comments, whether it's at the grocery store or in the media or wherever you are, over and over and over again. And how that must chip at yourself over time, even - especially if it's casual. But no matter how that manifests. Do I think Roseanne is a racist? No. Has she ever said a racist thing to me one time? Never. So, to me it was a political thing. It was a mistake. But you know, if you're that - if you're on the forefront of a show and you're the star you have to take accountability for what you say and do. And unfortunately, this was the outcome, and it's devastating."
3. Lecy Goranson talking to reporter
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Lecy Goranson/Actress, on Roseanne Barr's unusual behavior leading up to the tweet:
"I was definitely shocked, but I was shocked in a way that - it's not like it was independent from kind of patterns that had been going on with Roseanne at the time. She had been tweeting, and I feel like she was, you know politically, maybe into more - I still don't quite understand what she was trying to say by her tweet. But I felt like we just kind of went down. She was going down some kind of black hole of maybe conspiracy or whatever. And I know that there are other people in the United States who do that in social media, and who believe false information. And I feel like she was someone that succumbed to that."
5. Michael Fishman posing for photographer
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Michael Fishman/Actor, on Roseanne Barr not being part to the show:
(Reporter: Does it feel weird to not have her here?)
"Yeah, it's always odd. We had such a close relationship and we think about her all the time. But at the same time, we know as a group that we kind of collectively have taken the decision to carry the legacy, and so it's important for us to do it right."
7. Maya Lynne Robinson posing for photographers
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Maya Lynne Robinson/Actress, on
"I took it as gossip. I didn't know if it was real or not real. And I try not to get too wrapped up in social media, in general. I mean before the show I only had six hundred followers. I just don't really take it as seriously as other people do."
16. Maya Lynne Robinson, Michael Fishman, and Lecy Goranson posing for photographers