1. President Donald Trump greets audience at the Lima Army Tank Plant before his remarks
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, U.S. president: "John McCain campaigned for years to repeal and replace Obamacare, for years in Arizona, great state, I love the people of Arizona. But he campaigned for years for repeal and replace. So did Rob, so did a lot of the senators. When he finally had the chance to do it, he voted against repeal and replace, he voted against, at two o'clock in the morning, remember? Thumbs down." ++PARTIALLY COVERED++
Cincinnati – March 21, 2019
3. Veteran Glenn Johnson enters backroom at American Legion Post 484
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenn Johnson, veteran: "He's not stomping on the dead I don't think, that's not what he's doing. He's just talking about what happened in the past." ++COMPLETELY COVERED++
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenn Johnson, veteran: "You know, the fact that he's deceased, we'd render a certain amount of respect for that, but doesn't mean we have to tell you something that's happened that didn't happen, or did happen that didn't happen. So that's how I feel about that and I just think the president's telling it like it was."
6. Tight of Johnson's American Legion cap
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenn Johnson, veteran: "People are looking for something, any little bitty thing they can to jump on the president, simple as that." ++PARTIALLY COVERED++
8. Various of veteran Lawrence Latham flipping through notebook
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Lawrence Latham, veteran: "It really bothers me that the president of the United States, the most important job in the whole world, and he criticizes some of the best people that we ever had. I just don't think that's right." ++PARTIALLY COVERED++
Lima, Ohio – March 20, 2019
10. Audience applauds President Donald Trump at the Lima Army Tank Plant
11. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, U.S. president: "So I have to be honest, I've never liked him much, hasn't been for me. I've really probably never will."
Cincinnati – March 21, 2019
12. Various military caps on display at American Legion Post 484
13. SOUNDBITE (English) Lawrence Latham, veteran: "I think that um, you should give credit to a veteran who has served his country, and of course you have the right to give your opinion of it, but when you're the president and he's a war hero, I think to try to take that into consideration when you make your remarks, no matter who you are."
Ohio veterans speak out about President Donald Trump's criticism of late Vietnam War veteran and Sen. John McCain, a day after Trump addressed a crowd of supporters at the nation's last-standing tank factory in Lima, Ohio.
Veteran Glenn Johnson says he doesn't think Trump is "stomping on the dead" – he's just telling it like it is. But veteran Lawrence Latham disagrees, saying everyone – even the president – should take McCain's service record into account when talking about him.