"Relief, just just relief, there was so much just anxiety and and so much just pressure from what I felt like could be a powder keg type situation and hopefully that is just relieved now."
3. Woman sobbing
4. Supporters outside Cup Foods
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Janay D. Henry, Minneapolis resident:
"I'm overwhelmed. I'm grateful. I'm relieved. So I'm, I feel grounded. I can feel my feet on the concrete. I'm super grateful that this is the verdict and that we can now move to the next case with joy and hope and optimism and strength."
6. Supporters at George Floyd Square, shot zooms out
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Randi Weingarten, American Federation of Teachers President:
"So, this is a moment, it's an inflection point. It says that justice is possible in America for people of color."
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Fedrick Ingram, American Federation of Teachers Secretary-Treasurer:
"This is not only good for me and this community, it's good for my son. It's good for people who look like me. It is good for people who just want a better society, who want a better community. That's what this is about. This Chauvin trial shows us that we can have justice."
9. Various of supporters gathered at George Floyd Square
10. Man tossing $20 bills, people trying to collect them
11. SOUNDBITE (English) No name given:
"I will give away lots of $20 bills, in his (Floyd's) memory."
The verdict in Derek Chauvin's murder trial set off jubilations around Minneapolis.
People instantly flooded what is now known as George Floyd Square, and cars blared their horns.
A man celebrated the victory in a special way, by throwing dozens of $20 bills to the cheering crowd.
Floyd was arrested on May 25, 2020 for passing a fake $20 bill.
"I will give away lots of $20 bills, in his (Floyd's) memory," the man said.
Derek Chauvin was convicted Tuesday of murder and manslaughter for pinning George Floyd to the pavement with his knee on the Black man's neck in a case that touched off worldwide protests, violence and a furious reexamination of racism and policing in the U.S.