1. North Korean delegates leaving North Korean embassy in convoy
2. Back shot of delegation driving away
3. Set up shot US Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill
4. SOUNDBITE: (English) Christopher Hill, US Assistant Secretary of State:
"I talked to (US) Secretary (of State Condoleezza) Rice many times last night and the Secretary was very much following the details and providing me with some guidance on almost a real time basis - a lot of discussion, yes."
5. Cutaway press, pan to Hill
6. SOUNDBITE: (English) Christopher Hill, US Assistant Secretary of State:
"Uhh, yes, we've approved it. (laughs) To the best of my knowledge we've approved it."
7. Wide of South Korean delegate Chun Young-woo
8. SOUNDBITE (Korean) Chun Yung-woo, South Korean top negotiator to the six-party talks
"I am looking forward to hearing good news today. I hope it will be a good day for all of us."
10. SOUNDBITE: (Korean): Chun Yung-woo. South Korean top negotiator to the six-party talks:
"I think the decision-making (by Japan) is being delayed because of its domestic circumstances. I don't think there will be a problem for Japan to take part in the principle of sharing evenly."
11. Wide of Director-General of Japanese Foreign Ministry's Asia-Oceania bureau Kenichiro Sasae walking in
12. Cutaway press
13. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Kenichiro Sasae, Director General of Japanese foreign ministry's Asia-Oceania bureau:
"We think it is a quite good draft, but if we point out various details there will be different opinions. In order to reach an agreement it will be key for North Korea to give positive and constructive response."
Six countries reached a tentative agreement on Tuesday on initial steps toward North Korea's nuclear disarmament that could usher in the first concrete progress after more than three years of talks marked by delays, deadlock and the communist country's first nuclear test explosion.
The US envoy to the talks, Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill, emerged in the early morning hours of Tuesday and announced that a tentative deal had been struck at the latest round of six-party talks on the North's nuclear programme.
''Yes, we've approved it. (laughs) To the best of my knowledge we've approved it,'' Hill said.
Hill added that he had spoken to US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice many times during the night.
The draft agreement contained commitments on disarmament and energy assistance along with "initial actions" to be taken by certain deadlines, Hill said. Working groups will be set up, hopefully in a month, laying out a framework for dealing with regional tensions, he added.
He declined to give further details of the draft.
The agreement could herald the first step toward disarmament since the talks began in 2003. The process reached its lowest point in October when North Korea conducted its first nuclear test explosion, alarming the world and triggering UN sanctions.
Chun Yung-woo, South Korean top negotiator to the six-party talks said that he was looking forward to hearing more news during the day.
"I hope it will be a good day for all of us."
Kenichiro Sasae, Director General of Japanese foreign ministry's Asia-Oceania bureau said after the meeting that he thought it was a good draft.
"In order to reach an agreement it will be key for North Korea to give positive and constructive response," Sasae added.
North Korea did not immediately make any public comment, but Chun Yung-woo said he believed the proposal would be acceptable to Pyongyang.
In the last few days, the talks had appeared to be on the verge of foundering and envoys made clear that their frustration was increasing and their patience growing thin. The current round was to conclude on Monday but as they progressed toward a deal, negotiators extended it late into the night and then into the early hours of Tuesday.