1. Medium of actress Lake Bell talking on the red carpet
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Lake Bell, actress:
"Of the 700 feature films that were theatrically released, there was 40 women who directed them. Now, that's crazy. So you know, it feels like these rooms are really important. These are the heartbeat of the movement. You know, it's like you have to continue to feed the fire so that there is continual heat on the issue."
3. Medium of actress and honoree Elizabeth Debicki talking to a reporter
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Elizabeth Debicki, actress and honoree:
"I don't know why it's taking so long. For me, it should be absolutely clear that you should be paid as much as your male counterpart. I am very aware of it, yes, and when I work with women in films it's very important to me that there is an equality there that my paycheck is equal, too. And I think that's a way we bring each other up. And I think that's what women do inherently. Because we understand that we are stronger together. And it's not a singular battle. I mean, it's a tidal wave."
5. Medium of actress Rosanna Arquette talking to a reporter
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Rosanna Arquette, actress:
"Well it's been a long time coming but the conversation has always been here. I think what's happening now is that people are really listening now. You know it's been there for many, many years. I mean, Gloria Steinem, Jane Fonda, for many, many, many years. And now is the time where people are actually saying, 'No this doesn't make sense.'"