1. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, nephew shot by deputy:
"Not a day later after Derek Chauvin was convicted for killing a Black man. And the next day, here's my nephew, shot and killed by a police officer. And, you know, my nephew didn't deserve it."
2. Close of Glenda's hand holding up phone displaying photo of her nephew
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, Nephew Shot by Deputy:
"He had a good laugh, a nice smile, and he had good dimples, you know, when he's talking and smiling his dimples would always show."
4. Close of Glenda's hand holding up phone displaying pictures of her nephew and his daughter. UPSOUND (English) 'She really loved being with her dad.'
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, Nephew shot by NC deputy:
"He did not finish school, but he did encourage his children to get a good education because he wanted them to do better than him."
6. Close of Glenda holding up cell phone with family photo and pointing to her nephew in the picture. UPSOUND (English): 'This is a picture of him in church when his grandmother was being celebrated.'
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, Nephew shot by NC deputy:
"We don't know. Because we don't even know what the warrant was for. So, and I guess he just didn't want to go back to jail. But if I knew what the warrant was for, then maybe I could tell you why he ran. We don't know."
8. Wide of Glenda walking in backyard
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, Nephew shot by NC deputy:
++ PARTIALLY OVERLAID++
"We're going to continue to fight until he do get justice. My nephew's life will not be in vain. We're going to continue to fight for him because we loved him."
10.Close of Glenda looking off into the distance
11.SOUNDBITE (English) Glenda Brown Thomas, Nephew shot by NC deputy:
"I don't think justice will never be prevailed, but I'm hoping that it does before I leave this world. You know, because I believe in God and I believe that he sees everything that happens in this world. And he's going to take care of things for us as a family."
12. Close of cross charm hanging on Glenda's chest
Glenda Brown Thomas smiles when she thinks of her nephew's infectious laugh and deep dimples. She said Andrew Brown Jr. had a hard life, but he did the best he could.
The 42-year-old Elizabeth City, North Carolina, man was shot to death Wednesday by a deputy sheriff trying to serve a warrant. Witnesses say Brown tried to drive away but was shot dead in his car.
The deputy has been put on leave pending a state investigation. But Thomas says the family has not even been told what the warrant was for, or if they might be allowed to see the police body camera footage.
Thomas says, "Drew," as he was called, lost his mother when he was 12 or 13. His father was away in prison for years.
With his own troubles with drugs and the law, she says her nephew had trouble keeping a job. But she says he was good enough at cards and pool to earn money to support his many children.
Thomas says Brown was partially paralyzed on his right side by an accidental shooting, and he lost an eye when he was stabbed. He had trouble with reading comprehension and dropped out of high school. But Thomas says he was beloved. And she vowed not to rest until he gets justice.
"I believe in God," she told The Associated Press Thursday. "And I believe that he sees everything that happens in this world. And he's going to take care of things for us as a family."