1. SOUNDBITE (English) Garth Brooks, recording artist, on singing a new song for his wife Trisha Yearwood:
"If you're married, there are points in your life you never get across. You both just get to this point where you argue and argue and then just get exhausted and you're done and that's kind of our way. We have two or three points in our life like that. That song addresses two of those three points, so, I noticed when I looked up at her at those points, she was kind of laughing, smiling and crying and at the same time. So, this song is actually going to make our relationship better, whether it does anything in the business or not. So, that's why I love the song."
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Keith Urban, recording artist, on winning entertainer of the year and his late father, who died in 2015:
"Someone said, 'Did you do any campaigning?' I just played every night. I mean, that was that was it. We just played and did what we do every other tour. You know? I mentioned my father because he's such a huge influence in my life. My mom and dad both are. And I wish he could have seen this tonight. You know, he set me on the path that I'm on. But I feel his presence. So, I'm very, very grateful for that."
3. SOUNDBITE (English) John Osborne (Left) and TJ Osborne, recording artists, Brothers Osborne, winners of duo of the year address the media:
"It's good to see you all again for another year. Thank you all for being doing what you do. Yeah! Free press! Speak loud! Yes! You are not enemy of the people. Speak loud! You have a voice. Use it."
4.SOUNDBITE (English) Carrie Underwood, recording artist, and winner of female artist on juggling her work and family:
"I'm honored to get to hold some pretty incredible titles. (Cries.) 'Mom' is definitely one of them. And I'm just excited. I'm excited that they get to see their mom do that, and see me on stage and, hopefully, I can be an inspiration to my children and to other working moms out there, because we get this."
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Thomas Rhett, recording artist, who won for music video of the year, on how his wife made him mess up his performance:
"I missed an entire line of that song. No, before the performance she said, 'Please don't do anything next to me.' She goes, 'Because I will not be able to handle it.' And I said, 'Well they really want me to come sit down next to you.' And so, I leaned in next to her and she kissed me on the cheek, and I kind of lost it."
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Chris Stapleton, recording artist, three-time winner on getting his first CMA awards for a song:
"But the flip side is that it' very meaningful to me because I do consider myself, first and foremost, a songwriter."