1. Various of David DeArmas walking his dog in downtown West Palm Beach
2. SOUNDBITE (English) David DeArmas, West Palm Beach, Florida resident: "Being a veteran and fighting for this country, it's very sad to see the state of affairs that we're in, that there are senators still defending, you know, this insurrection to the Capitol, you know, so that's what I'm seeing to see who still votes against that."
3. SOUNDBITE (English) William Cummings, West Palm Beach, Florida resident: "You know, we have checks and balances, but it seems like the checks and balances are getting kind of skewed. So I respect the system. I respect the procedure. So I can't say it's a waste of time, but I don't believe that he is responsible for these acts that are alleged that will result in an impeachment."
4. Former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club
5. SOUNDBITE (English) David DeArmas, West Palm Beach, Florida resident:
"The next time could be worse, somebody who's smarter than Trump could do more damage."
6. Former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club
West Palm Beach, Florida residents are expressing their views on former President Donald Trump's impeachment trial.
House Democrats opened their first day of arguments in Trump's second such trial with searing footage of the U.S. Capitol riot.
Other highlights included prosecutors painting Trump as an "inciter in chief" who systematically riled up his supporters and falsely convinced them the election had been stolen, culminating in the deadly attack.
Trump's voice rang out in the Senate Chamber as Democrats aired video from his rallies and other remarks to supporters.
They also aired never-before-seen security footage that showed rioters breaking into the Capitol and audio of distressed police officers who tried in vain to keep them out.