- All Resolutions
- All Statuses
- Not Digitized
- All Colors
- Black & White
- All Aspect Ratios
- ABC News
- AP and Partners
- British Movietone
- CCTV Plus
- Celebrity Footage
- SNTV Archive
- TV Globo
General news (1)
- Transportation (1)
- War and unrest (1)
- APTN (1)
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 results
|Summary:||Military train for potential bioterrorism attack on subway.|
|Date:||10/24/2001 04:00 AM|
Seoul - October 24 2001
1. Mid shot of two men participating in police training drill (the men are 'terrorists' setting up a poison gas (dry-ice) and anthrax (flour) attack in subway station
2. Various pedestrians (actually soldiers) falling down after attack
3. Soldiers wearing protective clothing responding to the attack
4. Close shot of soldier with gun
5. Soldiers surrounding spot where white powder is
6. Soldier covering power with plastic sheeting
7. Emergency forces cleaning area
8. Soldier in protective clothing clearing area
9. Soldiers patrolling subway during drill
10. Mid shot of soldier standing with gun
11. Exterior of subway then pan to sand barricade
Outside Seoul - October 23 2001
12. Soldiers picking up guns and running
13. Soldiers running out barracks after the alert was issued
14. Soldier on phone
15. Helicopter landing on the top of a mountain
16. Soldiers getting out of a helicopter
17. Soldiers crawling in undergrowth
18. Soldiers pretending to shoot terrorists (soldiers with red bands around their heads)
19. Zoom out soldiers discharging
20. Mid shot of soldiers discussing strategy during training
21. SOUNDBITE: (Korean) Lieutenant Colonel Il-jung Kwak, Commander of 52nd infantry unit
"We, Korean armed forces, are fully ready to protect our capital, Seoul, from any form of terrorism and threats and to chastise such hazardous actions right away. We have been continuously practicing military exercises like today's one to carry out effective defence."
22. Helicopter landing
23. Soldiers running
24. Soldiers searching "terrorists"
Fear of a biological attack has not been confined to America.
In the South Korean capital of Seoul on Wednesday, security forces carried out a training exercise at a subway station to prepare for a possible gas or anthrax attack.
Participants - dressed as civilians - arrived at the subway station and pretended to let off anthrax, which was actually flour, and poison gas - substituted by dry-ice.
The exercise, which involved five hundred soldiers and police, lasted about an hour with military personnel rushing to seal off the area.
It is the first time the South Korean government has undertaken a drill focusing on terrorists rather than its long time foe, North Korea.
The day before (October 23) soldiers participated in a different anti-terrorist exercise outside of Seoul.
Soldiers were deployed to seek out pretend terrorists hiding in the mountainous terrain.
More training exercises are planned for later this year in Seoul and other major South Korean cities.
Additional Debug Information
Export To Excel
of pages.(20 results per page)