Najib Razak (1)
Government and politics (1)
- Legislature (1)
- Events (1)
AP TELEVISION (1)
|Summary:||Malaysian Parliament observes moment of silence for victims of MH17 plane|
|Date:||07/23/2014 04:38 AM|
The Malaysian Parliament held a moment of silence on Wednesday for the people killed aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.
All 298 people on board the plane were killed when it was shot down on Thursday in eastern Ukraine.
At the beginning of the session, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak addressed lawmakers and condemned "the inhumane, uncivilised, violent and irresponsible action" that led to the tragedy.
The session was also attended by the Russian Ambassador to Malaysia, Lyudmila Vorobyev.
The investigation over who is responsible for the tragedy is underway.
Western governments have accused pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine of shooting down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 with a surface-to-air missile while it was flying at 33-thousand feet (10-thousand metres).
1. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak (pink shirt) going through security as he enters Malaysian Parliament building
2. Malaysian Defence Minister Hishamuddin Hussein (pink tie) entering building and shaking hands with security officer
3. Pan from media to Hussein
4. Russian Ambassador to Malaysia, Lyudmila Vorobyev. sitting inside parliament
5. Razak entering room shaking hands with member of parliament
6. Close of Razak
7. Various of lawmakers observing moment of silence
8. SOUNDBITE (Malaysian) Najib Razak, Malaysian Prime Minister:
"These honourable members of the parliament are here to firmly condemn in the strongest terms the inhumane, uncivilised, violent and irresponsible action of the parties believed to have shot down flight MH17, resulting in the loss of 298 lives comprising of 283 passengers and 15 crew who were innocent."
9. Various of lawmakers
10. Wide pan of parliament